The world is talking about GNU/Linux and Free/Open Source Software
Mozilla 1.7 preview released
Mozilla has released the first "alpha" release of version 1.7.
- Mozilla 1.7a adds support for the onbeforeunload event. This lets web application developers add code that alerts the user about potential data-loss when closing a web application, or when leaving a HTML page with potentially sensitive information.
- This release has a new SVG backend. The feature is not yet enabled in the mozilla.org releases but developers may wish to compile with this feature enabled.
- Mozilla's binary size has been decreased almost 2% since Mozilla 1.6.
- 1.7 Alpha pageload times have been improved by 4% over 1.6.
- Mozilla 1.7a handles dynamic style changes much better (see bug 15608 for details.)
- Mozilla 1.7 Alpha has upgraded the NSS libraries to version 3.9. NSS 3.9 passes all the NISCC SSL/TLS and S/MIME tests (1.6 million test cases of invalid input data) without crashes or memory leaks.
Read more at Mozilla.org
You cannot post until you login.