Easy Media Converter for Linux? You bet! Miksoft nails it.

Posted by odat on May 23, 2010 5:52 AM EDT
Buntfu.com; By Ronnie Whisler
Mail this story
Print this story

I have used a few converter programs on Linux in the past like, Avidemux, OggConvert, and Pitivi. However, a few months ago I stumbled on a media converter for Linux that I had not heard of before and discovered they had a deb file already created for Ubuntu Linux, so I figured it was worth the few clicks to check it out. I was surprised to discover a simplistically elegant interface although importantly it also worked perfectly each time I threw a “family video” at it.

Most of us have been in a situation from time to time when we needed to convert a video file to another format. We would all claim of course that it was of a family event that we recorded last summer. Ahuh. There have always been tools and programs available to help automate the process, although in many instances the interfaces were cumbersome and confusing. Some on the other hand were very easy to navigate but never seem to work quite right.

I have used a few converter programs on Linux in the past like, Avidemux, OggConvert, and Pitivi. However, a few months ago I stumbled on a media converter for Linux that I had not heard of before and discovered they had a deb file already created for Ubuntu Linux, so I figured it was worth the few clicks to check it out. I was surprised to discover a simplistically elegant interface although importantly it also worked perfectly each time I threw a “family video” at it.

Full Story

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: Reviews; Groups: Community, Linux, Ubuntu

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
WinFF is another ffmpeg frontend. tmx 0 2,772 May 23, 2010 2:20 PM
izza frontend azerthoth 4 1,474 May 23, 2010 2:17 PM

You cannot post until you login.