izza frontend

Story: Easy Media Converter for Linux? You bet! Miksoft nails it.Total Replies: 4
Author Content
azerthoth

May 23, 2010
9:21 AM EDT
If you read on the website it even states that it is really nothing more than a GUI for mencoder/ffmpeg. So all they really nailed was drawing some pretty buttons on your screen. Not saying that it may not be the ultimate PBI, but other folks nailed it, these folk borrowed it, credit where credit is due.
TxtEdMacs

May 23, 2010
9:58 AM EDT
az,

[serious]

I run NoScript by default having as much turned off as possible. However, even after giving the site permission I still saw no article only a side bar on the left that appeared more as announcements (being uncharacteristically kind) or advertisements on the left.

I am glad to learn I really missed nothing.

[/serious]

YBT
azerthoth

May 23, 2010
10:33 AM EDT
@txt,

It threw me too, I finally found a little clicky link that expanded the article. but yeah, nothing really missed at all.

No offense to the author of the article, I'm glad you found something that you like and that you decided to share. The layout for where you posted it though and the manner in which you have to proceed to read it. Very counter intuitive ... very ... well the word ick is the one that sticks in my mind.
ComputerBob

May 23, 2010
1:28 PM EDT
@TxtEdMacs -- I had exactly the same experience and reached exactly the same conclusion. ;)
tmx

May 23, 2010
2:17 PM EDT
MBT, azerthoth: is to be expected when you read articles from buntfu.com. I'm glad I could even read the actual article this time.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!