Microsoft Burnt Our House Down!

Posted by TxtEdMacs on Nov 27, 2005 12:29 PM EDT
Inquirer.net site; By INQUIRER staff:
Mail this story
Print this story

Texas family suing Microsoft. It's not the new Xbox that created the problem, just the old one. Microsoft was in the process of recalling the units due to a known power supply problem. This time MS is going to have some serious legal difficulties. If they decide to fight, because unlike software EULA is not sufficient protection. With what may only be incipient evidence, it appears the MS fails to learn the lessons of their past errors:

It seems the recent failures on the new 360 Xboxes may be mostly attributable to overheating of the power supplies. One fix described is to hang the box above the floor with string to allow cooling from below. Hey, do you think I could patent the idea that some stray pieces of Lego blocks (or knock offs) at strategic corners can efficiently cool defective Microsoft game machines? Sounds reasonable to me. Talk to Tom on where to send the checks, it's just a numbered account in Switzerland so that I can properly credit your account for using my IP. Warning to MS - IT'S MINE, BACK OFF!!

Full Story

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: News Story; Groups: Microsoft

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
xbox 'issues' henke54 0 2,930 Dec 5, 2005 9:42 PM

You cannot post until you login.