Untitled

Story: The Linux Printer Driver Online PetitionTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
hkwint

May 03, 2005
9:33 AM EDT
Wow, it's even been double-posted (by helios) at the moment! I signed the petition anyway, my ancient Xerox 4510 doesn't work to well with Linux, but that's also because Linux wasn't very popular in 1994 I think... When I buy a new one it should work without me having to search for it a for a week (Mine even isn't even linuxprinting.org). So good action/petition, though it could've been a bit more polite.
helios

May 03, 2005
3:03 PM EDT
Yes, it was worded a bit...oh lets say...aggressively but I think many of us see the perfect storm of circumstance and opportunity approaching. With the reported mahem at MS over Longhorn being reported, public awareness of gross security problems and the almost expotential improvement of Linux over the past 2-3 years...we have the chance of gaining a substantial share of the desktop market. Nice letters and requests have gotten us ignored for years. Trust me, if you compiled all my letters to hardware manufactures over the years, asking for Linux support you would have...well, a large stack of papers. I believe it's time to pop some of these companies up along side the head to get their attention. By some accounts, Linux has surpassed OS X in overall users. Why does Canon then support Mac and not Linux? Lets get this petition rolling and find out.

helios

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!