mac fanboys

Story: Coming Soon: The Linux MacintelTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
jimf

Jan 19, 2006
5:23 PM EDT
I'm sorry but it just pushes my hot button when the mac fanboys who don't want to pay for the hardware just assume that we all want to run OSX and convert to the apple/mac camp. This from the people who brought you one button mice, glassy icons, designer cases, and one of the most proprietary hardware/software combination in history. All this, and to my knowledge, an OS that is a modified BSD. These guys are no friend of FOSS.

Oh, and I run Debian Linux cause I like it and it is in no way inferior to Apple/mac. If they put OSX on an Intel platform, I'll still be using Linux.
tadelste

Jan 19, 2006
5:52 PM EDT
I'm also sorry but it really pushes my buttons when people use the term fanboy.
SFN

Jan 19, 2006
6:18 PM EDT
I hate "pushes my buttons".
tadelste

Jan 19, 2006
7:14 PM EDT
So we have pushes my buttons (from the 1970's) and fanboy (from OSNews). What else?
jimf

Jan 19, 2006
8:50 PM EDT
Ok, to restate;

I'm sorry (well actually not), but it really annoys me when mac fanatics, who don't want to pay for the hardware, just assume that we all want to run OSX and convert to the apple/mac camp.
salparadise

Jan 19, 2006
9:50 PM EDT
I'd rather chew my own feet off than end up a Mac user.

(My experience of Mac users thus far being that they tend to unbearable (and entirely unfounded) smugness).

SFN

Jan 20, 2006
4:36 AM EDT
Quoting:What else?

"My plate is full." "We need to be proactive." "Think outside the box." "Who let the dogs out?"

SFN

Jan 20, 2006
4:39 AM EDT
Oh, and

"200x will be the year of"
tadelste

Jan 20, 2006
5:48 AM EDT
What about: This is a new paradigm.
SFN

Jan 20, 2006
6:39 AM EDT
And (although I loathe the fact that the woman is allowed to voice her opinions) can we drop the use of the word "Didiot"?
jimf

Jan 20, 2006
10:55 AM EDT
Sal wrote: (My experience of Mac users thus far being that they tend to unbearable (and entirely unfounded) smugness).

Funny, You noticed that too.
jdixon

Jan 20, 2006
10:58 AM EDT
> ...can we drop the use of the word "Didiot"?

Well, personally I use an alliteration of another word, which shall go unmentioned in this family oriented fora. :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!