StarGate SG-1 and Battlestar Galactica are better

Story: What would Linux users do without flamebait?Total Replies: 10
Author Content
jabby

Feb 12, 2006
2:58 PM EDT
I'm really sorry that you watched *that* StarGate and not the other one. I don't know if this was your first exposure to StarGate Atlantis or not, but that was the worst episode of that show I have seen yet (mistakes in scene transitions and the dialogue sucked). And in general, Atlantis has always been hokier and less interesting than SG-1. I hope you watch SG-1 instead next time you have a spare hour (or 45 minutes on the PVR). It is my absolute favorite sci-fi show. It has a great mythology, good characters (for the most part), and interesting plot lines. And it's just plain entertaining.

Beyond these two shows, however, Battlestar Galactica is neck and neck with SG-1. It is fantastic. It airs right after Atlantis. You can catch up when SciFi runs a "Battlestar Galactica day". It's excellent writing with real, human characters. It's worth it for the drama, beyond the very basic sci-fi premise.
tadelste

Feb 12, 2006
3:03 PM EDT
OK. You outed me. I don't have three hours to spare. But, I alternate the shows. I think you're right about SG1 and Galactica. They're both really good. I like the plots in the former and the acting and set quality in the latter.

The cylons remind me of Gates.
SFN

Feb 13, 2006
5:10 AM EDT
Nope! No geeks here!

Man, what are we going to do until football season starts up again?

*scratch, scratch*
salparadise

Feb 13, 2006
5:20 AM EDT
Watch Babylon 5 again from start to end.
tadelste

Feb 13, 2006
6:58 AM EDT
SFN: Football? You mean soccer or better yet futbol? If you mean NFL, that's different and too gladitorial. Somewhere along the line, I actually got it about the "games". George W Bush's great accomplishment in management prior to running for governor and then Presdient was he ran the Texas Rangers. I guess that qualifies him as tough on defense. But, they're an offensive machine, right? Somebody? Texas Rangers built a hitter's friend park? Someone?
SFN

Feb 13, 2006
7:35 AM EDT
Quoting:too gladitorial

Sorry, as an American I am unfamiliar with this concept.

Actually, although I do watch the NFL (and Stargate/SG-1/Battlestar) I didn't really want to use the NFL reference in my previous post. I wanted to use Mr. Garrison's line about shore leave from the South Park film but as Milton Berle used to say, "never work blue".
tadelste

Feb 13, 2006
7:59 AM EDT
Quoting:Sorry, as an American I am unfamiliar with this concept.

As a "fellow merican" it just means that sports are the opiate of the masses.

This is all tongue-in-cheek btw.
SFN

Feb 13, 2006
8:02 AM EDT
Quoting:This is all tongue-in-cheek btw

Of course it is!

I mean.......

I'm deeply offended.
tadelste

Feb 13, 2006
8:15 AM EDT
I'm just not sure what this thread has to do with flamebait? No offense intended.
bstadil

Feb 13, 2006
5:51 PM EDT
I'm deeply offended.

As a native Dane and to avoid further skirmishes I would like to declare this exchange a draw. Lately I have noticed drawings have a soothing effects on people.

On a topical note, there is an interesting article about secret cause of flamewars over at Wired http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70179-0.html
rob_rice

Feb 22, 2006
4:32 PM EDT
WHAT A LAME FLAME WAR @#$!*^&% FOR A REAL FLAME WAR YA NEED TO POST IN CAPS ADN MSI SEPLL ALOR FO WRODS foot ball stinks booring base ball same basket ball too

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!