newsworthy?

Story: Fedora Outage Notice for August 30th, 2006Total Replies: 5
Author Content
mbaehrlxer

Aug 30, 2006
8:03 AM EDT
this is news worthy why?

i don't see how this is at all interesting for anyone outside the fedora community.

how about putting it on the fedora homepage or any of the other fedora websites?

greetings, eMBee.
jimf

Aug 30, 2006
8:51 AM EDT
> this is news worthy why?

Well yeah mbaehrlxer, it is.

Look at it this way, is Fedora open source? And, are Fedora users part of the open source community? So, if nothing else, it's only courteous to that segment of Linux users that we post the information. If it's not of interest to you, well then, just ignore it.
dcparris

Aug 30, 2006
9:01 AM EDT
Well, it should have been tagged as a newsletter, as opposed to a news story.
jimf

Aug 30, 2006
9:58 AM EDT
> should have been tagged as a newsletter

Probably, but no reason to go ballistic :)
dcparris

Aug 30, 2006
6:51 PM EDT
True. One might wonder why the issue hasn't been raised with the Debian newsletter that comes out every week.
mbaehrlxer

Sep 01, 2006
8:44 AM EDT
the debian weekly newsletter contains news that are worth reading. a fedora newsletter with similar content would be equally worth reading.

but the fact that someone site is down is about as interesting to me as a bag of rice falling over in china.

and yes, i do wonder at some of the things that are posted about debian too, none there have been as odd as this one though.

what puzzles me is that none of the fedora sites that i found, considered this worth mentioning. that's where i would have expected this to be.

anyways, you are right, i had no intention to argue about it, i just thought i'd voice my opinion on this. that's all.

greetings, eMBee. ps: mbaehrlxer is not my name, it is what lxer created out of my email address. (when i signed up there was no field for a username, or it was ignored. i do remember being very surprised at the outcome, because the name, if any, should have been eMBee)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!