tertiary
tuxchick

Apr 18, 2007
5:56 PM EDT
which is followed by 'fourple'
jezuch

Apr 19, 2007
4:16 AM EDT
It's so much easier in Polish... Pierwszorzędne Drugorzędne Trzeciorzędne Czwartorzędne ... ;)
golem

Apr 19, 2007
4:44 AM EDT
It's easy in English, too. If you need a general form, it's first-order, second-order, third-order, fourth-order, etc.
Abe

Apr 19, 2007
6:05 AM EDT
Quoting:It's so much easier in Polish... Pierwszorzędne Drugorzędne Trzeciorzędne Czwartorzędne ... ;)

If that is easy, I don't want to see what comes next. lol

devnet

Apr 19, 2007
6:39 AM EDT
I like third-ary.

It just makes it helios-ified :)
helios

Apr 19, 2007
10:45 AM EDT
I don't know Dev...fourple...it kind of rolls off the tongue. I don't know for sure but I do believe TC has just been blatantly plagiarized.

check your gmail acct. D.D@

h
dave

Apr 19, 2007
10:58 AM EDT
Primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary, quinary, senary, septenary, octonary, nonary, denary.
SFN

Apr 19, 2007
11:00 AM EDT
I got a girrrrrrrll In Kalamazooooooooo
devnet

Apr 19, 2007
2:59 PM EDT
Quoting:Primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary, quinary, senary, septenary, octonary, nonary, denary.
You missed lastary dave!

lol
helios

Apr 20, 2007
4:51 AM EDT
SFN - I don't know who deserves the raspberry more, you for saying that or me for getting it...heck with the raspberry...pass the Geritol.

Lastary...you just gave thousands of people an insight into how the deranged mind works, LOL Maybe we DO need to collaborate on a book...TC can write the intro...twisted is as twisted does.

h
jdixon

Apr 20, 2007
5:46 AM EDT
> ...twisted is as twisted does.

How did you know TC likes to play Twister? :)
SFN

Apr 20, 2007
8:51 AM EDT
Quoting:SFN - I don't know who deserves the raspberry more, you for saying that or me for getting it...heck with the raspberry...pass the Geritol.
Whew! I was actually starting to wonder if I was the oldest person here.
tuxchick

Apr 20, 2007
8:59 AM EDT
SFN, you are but an egg. Remember Lydia Pinkham's Vegetable Compound? Now that was an elixir worth quaffing. 20% alcohol, plus various herbs but who cares about those.

Mmm, Twister. I see knotted people!

SFN

Apr 20, 2007
11:14 AM EDT
Quoting:Remember Lydia Pinkham's Vegetable Compound?
Wasn't that the second Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band album?
helios

Apr 20, 2007
8:31 PM EDT
If you google, you're a luz-r

Finish or answer

(sung as a jingle) "you'll wonder where the yellow went, when you.....

Ipana was:

A brand of refrigerator

A brand of butter

A brand of toothpaste

A bad italian accent : the beginning of a song about looking for gold

tracyanne

Apr 21, 2007
3:02 AM EDT
Ipana was: what Colgate is.
devnet

Apr 21, 2007
2:48 PM EDT
brush your teeth with pepsodent :)

No googling...we sang a song when I was in grade school that had all the old commercials put together. (I'm not as old and silly as helios...I'm just silly for now). ;P
helios

Apr 22, 2007
6:59 PM EDT
Yep, had the heaviest concentration of caffeine of any toothpaste on the market. No wonder I liked it so much/
azerthoth

Apr 22, 2007
8:34 PM EDT
Reminds me, ran across Jolt Gum so I had to give it a shot. Good stuff, now chewing gum doesnt have to get in the way of my drinking coffee.
dcparris

Apr 22, 2007
9:43 PM EDT
I wish I could find that old Sour Adam's chewing gum. We used to get it from a small shop in West Virginia - on HWY 19 between Summersville and Beckley. It tasted just like strawberries, grapes, lemons, or whichever flavor you got. It sure was tart! Gave the ol' tongue a little something to think about - really made your whole mouth water. Hubba Bubba or whatever that watermelon-flavored gum was just didn't compare! ;-)
jdixon

Apr 23, 2007
2:44 AM EDT
> I wish I could find that old Sour Adam's chewing gum.

You mean like this:

http://www.candydirect.com/search.php?keywords=Adams

or this:

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/black-jack-beemans-clove-gum.htm
helios

Apr 23, 2007
3:36 AM EDT
helios salivates as he breaks open his stash of necco candies.

From zero to childhood in 2.1 seconds.

Believe it or not, I am beginning to see more and more stores begin carrying these again... http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://oldrecipebook....

whadda blast from the past. Now...where did I see those pixie stix...

Didn't Roger D complain about threads that morph into complete irrelevance? And to think I am guilty? Sorry Rog...LOL

h

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!