403 Forbidden

Story: An alternate view of Tux500Total Replies: 23
Author Content
SamShazaam

May 12, 2007
5:05 AM EDT
If Penguin Pete wishes to explain or defend his position we will need to see it.
techiem2

May 12, 2007
5:12 AM EDT
I got the same think when I clicked the link. But going to his home page and clicking the link to the article there worked. Blocking Lxer as a referrer maybe?

And there's not much explaining or defending going on...
kozmcrae

May 12, 2007
7:59 AM EDT
A story like Tux500 not getting posted on Slashdot is statistically impossible, unless there has been an intervention of some sort. (play mystery music here)
azerthoth

May 12, 2007
8:38 AM EDT
Honestly, there are several news sites that I dont frequent any longer. Good or bad if its Linux news it ends up here ... even the Oracle of PP.
techiem2

May 12, 2007
9:42 AM EDT
I'm not even sure when the last time I visited /. was.... Sure it links to some interesting stories now and then, but the discussion here is much better (and typically more intelligent).
SFN

May 12, 2007
10:30 AM EDT
I'll tell you what, I'll post a story there and then if a bunch of you guys could mod it up for me....

I just slay myself.
jdixon

May 12, 2007
10:53 AM EDT
> Blocking Lxer as a referrer maybe?

Almost certainly. Which tells you all you need to know.
bigg

May 12, 2007
11:23 AM EDT
> Blocking Lxer as a referrer maybe?

We can only hope so. Kind of like modifying the boot menu so you can't get into Windows. Guess he finally came to the realization that he doesn't post anything worth reading.
helios

May 12, 2007
11:57 AM EDT
Gang, I am trying to keep a positive face on this, admittedly it is getting a bit more difficult. Like smiling thru a root canal. The fact is, as I understand it, Rob has already told more than one person that he didn't much care if Tux500 cured cancer, he was not covering it. That's fine. whatever level of success we achieve, we can claim we did it without slashdot, most of digg and without corporate help...at least until now.

What is sad, and I am not going to name names...companies that have been in the news lately have refused to answer our calls for assisstance. That's fine, say no...it's not the end of the world. But for perseis sake, have the courtesy to do that at least. I may not be happy with Dell and Xandros telling us no, but I respect them much more for doing so in the matter I contacted them. The private companies that made a big deal about switching to Linux...?

Contacted numerous times...no answer.

And while I am posing universal questions that we may never answer.

Why is there a "w" in answer?

h

BTW, there is a double post with the latest tux500 article. The one posted first is the one with only Bob. The one that posted about 245 cdt has both our comments.
Penguin_Pete

May 12, 2007
12:06 PM EDT
And I'd like to ask in the future that nobody here posts a link to my domain from this domain, I don't care how much you "agree". By the way, you mods might as well delete all my past submissions. After I got bitched out about my stories being here (what a mistake it was thinking this was a reputable site to submit to!), that's pretty much all that needs to be said. Thanks anyway, but don't worry, the little bump in traffic gets lost in between the stumble-upons.

I don't mean any offense by what I'm about to say. I can't be mad at you people for not being able to help what you are. But I am 37, I have crossed the United States three times and dealt with every walk of life from corporate suits in limousines to vatos locos en diaz y tres sur Los Angeles, and this, to use just the right words, is the *sh!@$%* group of people I've *ever* dealt with. Consider that very high praise, you at least excelled at something!

God (or somebody) bless you and farewell. The sooner we forget about each other, the happier we all will be.

[Edited for profanity - LXer does not permit the use of profane language - please refer to our ToS - dcparris]
jdixon

May 12, 2007
12:12 PM EDT
> I don't mean any offense by what I'm about to say.

Then do us all a favor. Don't bother saying anything next time.

> But I am 37, I have crossed the United States three times and dealt with every walk of life...

Well, aren't you special.
Sander_Marechal

May 12, 2007
12:43 PM EDT
Look who's a sore looser....

If you don;t want people linking to your site, don't bother having a site at all.
azerthoth

May 12, 2007
1:27 PM EDT
Actually I was thinking if he doesnt want us on or around his site ... he should probably not go after members of the LXer community. Honestly he cant make wild accusations and then expect those he accuses and other interested parties to be considerate enough to ignore him while he does his best to woo the gullible to his cause(s).
tuxchick

May 12, 2007
1:44 PM EDT
LOL, I reiterate my 'weenie' characterization. PP can dish it out, but he sure can't take it. Poor lil feller.
jdixon

May 12, 2007
1:48 PM EDT
And, since I'm not in a charitable mood at the moment:

> By the way, you mods might as well delete all my past submissions.

Translation: Whoops, I screwed up and posted my libelous garbage to someone else's site. Please delete the evidence for me before someone notices.
jdixon

May 12, 2007
1:49 PM EDT
> Poor lil feller.

Now, now TC. Suppositions about Pete's endowment are uncalled for. :)
tuxchick

May 12, 2007
2:19 PM EDT
jdixon, shame on you! I am so not laughing!

*snerk*
Sander_Marechal

May 12, 2007
4:19 PM EDT
>> By the way, you mods might as well delete all my past submissions.

> Translation: Whoops, I screwed up and posted my libelous garbage to someone else's site. Please delete the evidence for me before someone notices.

All the more reason to leave it then :-)
tracyanne

May 12, 2007
6:19 PM EDT
Quoting:But I am 37, I have crossed the United States three times and dealt with every walk of life from corporate suits in limousines to vatos locos en diaz y tresb sur Los Angeles

Well I'm 56, and I've been to Australia and New Zealand, and dealt with people from impoverished Kooris and Murris (in Australia) to Maori Gang leaders (in new Zealand) to Federal Government officials, to Computers noobs, to Company directors in both Countries, so I guess I trump you.

Self obsessed idiot.

azerthoth

May 12, 2007
6:54 PM EDT
ooh new game new game !!! how many times does it take crossing the country to legitimize your opinion. oh, and how old do you have to be?

Lets see, I cross the country at least twice a year, usually more. 40'ish and deal with people ranging from the most inbred redneck (no intended offense if you are) to folks who design satellites for a living.

Someone want to give me a random opinion I can validate with those parameters?
tuxchick

May 12, 2007
7:03 PM EDT
I haven't traveled much at all, and I can still recognize a libelous weenie when I see one.
azerthoth

May 12, 2007
7:06 PM EDT
Good opinion TC, can I use it?

*chuckle*

my goodness, it really is like shooting fish in a barrel when the Oracle of PP starts blathering isnt it.
kozmcrae

May 13, 2007
2:04 AM EDT
Sniff sniff. Quick, everybody check your feet.
SFN

May 13, 2007
10:23 AM EDT
Quoting:And I'd like to ask in the future that nobody here posts a link to my domain from this domain, I don't care how much you "agree".

Gee. Imagine how much fun that could be.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!