/etc/rc.local exists on RedHat based systems as well

Story: /etc/rc.localTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Igor

Aug 24, 2007
9:09 PM EDT
[jon@localhost ~]$ ls -la /etc/rc.local lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Oct 21 2006 /etc/rc.local -> rc.d/rc.local

azerthoth

Aug 24, 2007
9:59 PM EDT
um, yes, in lots of systems. Its defines system initialization in /etc/inittab or from the inittab depending on how you look at life.

was there a point to the observation?

*edit* oops, sorry, missed the original story. */edit*
Igor

Aug 24, 2007
10:10 PM EDT
hmmm... very likely I do not understand your last statement well enough (was there a point to the observation?)

I am adding additional comment. The original article starts with; This for the “how the hell have I done this job this long & not known this already?” files. Debian has a file called /etc/rc.local which runs at the end of all the multi-user boot levels,

I wanted to educate (enlight) readers of the lxer.com, that Debian is not the only distribution with 'rc.local' (which was implicitly suggested in the article).

That's all. Nothing more, nothing less
azerthoth

Aug 24, 2007
11:39 PM EDT
caught that, I left my original text and corrected my post with that edit. One of my pet peeves I guess, going back and doing edits to change anything but spelling mistakes. If I'm an idiot I'll leave it for all to see and take it as an object lesson to read closely and only then put my foot in my mouth.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!