A pointless observation

Story: Wine 1.0 ReviewTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
jacog

Jun 20, 2008
6:45 AM EDT
The author of the article writes: "World of WarCraft (tested using a trial account)"

He makes a point to add the "(tested using a trial account)" part as sort of a disclaimer to let us know that he does not actually play WoW. It made me chuckle... is it actually considered embarrassing to be a subscriber to WoW?

It's like a guy accidentally remarking on the good looks of another man and then trying to recover his masculinity by changing the topic to football or something.

Anyhoo - I must go update my wine. :)
azerthoth

Jun 20, 2008
9:15 AM EDT
I'm waiting still, when I checked last night it wasn't in Gentoo proper or the overlays.

It is funny though WoW is one of those that has been on the "must run" list for awhile now, regressions for that get caught really quick.
rgviza

Jun 20, 2008
12:44 PM EDT
@jacog Maybe the reviewer knows that WoW is a very popular game so he wanted to see if it worked. I did a trial for WoW and never played it again. Not everyone likes WoW but it's a useful barometer of how suitable WINE is for gaming (at least using 4 year old game technology ROFL)

I wouldn't read too much into it.
jezuch

Jun 20, 2008
1:50 PM EDT
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/warcraft_sequel_lets_g... ;) (if you can stand Flash)
jacog

Jun 22, 2008
11:44 PM EDT
@rgviza: You totally missed the point. But anyhoo, this was just meant as a tongue and cheek post indended to die fast. So I shall leave it to do just that.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!