What do you think about this vendor?

Story: New pre-installed Linux computer vendor emergesTotal Replies: 23
Author Content
AwesomeTux

Jan 29, 2009
10:19 PM EDT
Good? Bad? Awesome? Normal? Blah? What do you think?

They should nonetheless be in with the other vendors on "Products" page.
theboomboomcars

Jan 30, 2009
12:19 AM EDT
I don't know if you tried this yet but you can submit this vendor to the database: http://lxer.com/module/db/add.php?dbn=14

It's always good to see more linux vendors.
jacog

Jan 30, 2009
3:45 AM EDT
I think I smell a ninja marketing attempt. ;)
Scott_Ruecker

Jan 30, 2009
9:48 AM EDT
More LXerVDB!!!! Yay!!

Oh, wait...he meant..

;-)
TxtEdMacs

Jan 30, 2009
10:29 AM EDT
Sign on the dotted line: __________________________________;

and for a small fee:

Quoting:You Are a Member of LPA*!!!

YBT**

* Leg Pullers Anonymous (that's why everyone walks with a limp after reading LXer forums)

** Your Buddy Txt. (for the forgetful)
azerthoth

Jan 30, 2009
12:17 PM EDT
AwesomeTux, this is the second link to the the same info/greeting/advert page YOU have posted. Advertising is one thing, suckering people by passing it off as a news story is another.
tuxchick

Jan 30, 2009
1:22 PM EDT
I was wondering too, Azerthoth. The ServerWatch forums have a filter to catch all the bogus "Hey, what do you think of this exam prep|web host|etc" spams. It nukes a few dozen every week.
Scott_Ruecker

Jan 30, 2009
2:12 PM EDT
Just realized it, pulled it, no double posts baby!
tracyanne

Jan 30, 2009
2:29 PM EDT
There's no way of knowing what the price of the machines is short of placing an order, and then you have to wait for someone to get back to you, as there is no page displaying the price.
azerthoth

Jan 30, 2009
2:41 PM EDT
@TA, I have a personal rule when encountering situations like that, dont. You may end up finding out that your credit card is being used for all kinds of fun and interesting vacations that you never went on. Not saying that these folks are this way, just that I never trust a company that says we'll get back to you on that.
Scott_Ruecker

Jan 30, 2009
2:41 PM EDT
Sorry I let that slip through..
azerthoth

Jan 30, 2009
3:10 PM EDT
Just dont let it happen again Scott, or I'll saran wrap the top of your toilet bowl and break the light.

*grin*
Scott_Ruecker

Jan 30, 2009
3:21 PM EDT
OMG! That's Awesome! You just gave me an idea for one of my friends..he he..

/rubs hands together in very sinister like..
TxtEdMacs

Jan 30, 2009
3:51 PM EDT
az...,

Quoting: ... or [someone will] saran wrap the top of your toilet bowl and break the light.

Do you speak for experience?

YBT
azerthoth

Jan 30, 2009
3:52 PM EDT
Never as a victim :)
tracyanne

Jan 30, 2009
5:27 PM EDT
@azerthoth: there was never any danger of that happening, I never use real information.
AwesomeTux

Jan 30, 2009
8:11 PM EDT
@azerthoth How would they have your credit card information? You don't have to supply it. And a new GNU/Linux vendor is always news :)
AwesomeTux

Jan 30, 2009
8:17 PM EDT
@Scott_Ruecker As I can see, this is the only post to inatux.com on lxer.com. How could it be a "double post" or duplicate? It's not. It's a new vendor, never mentioned before.
gus3

Jan 30, 2009
8:35 PM EDT
It isn't a dupe now, because the second one (to which this thread is attached) was pulled.
AwesomeTux

Jan 30, 2009
8:38 PM EDT
@gus3 The second what? If anything should have been pulled, it should have been this thread.
azerthoth

Jan 30, 2009
9:16 PM EDT
Troll Call.
gus3

Jan 30, 2009
9:29 PM EDT
Are trolls in season yet?
Scott_Ruecker

Jan 31, 2009
3:26 AM EDT
I looked and this particular posts and it is not a double. If you can find the double post part, I will be stood corrected.

Scott
tuxchick

Feb 01, 2009
12:54 PM EDT
Relax scott, it's a spam.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!