well? what about this one?

Story: The Top 12 Native Linux System Monitoring ToolsTotal Replies: 10
Author Content
tuxchick

Apr 29, 2010
5:29 PM EDT
Ken Hess has published a number of good howtos recently, which have been met with silence. You said "Write better stuff and we'll quit complaining!" OK, so that doesn't mean "we'll say nice things." But ya know, a bit of props are in order methinks.
azerthoth

Apr 29, 2010
5:31 PM EDT
at least we quit complaining :)
caitlyn

Apr 29, 2010
5:39 PM EDT
At one level it's sort of enterprise sysadmin 101, but it is detailed and explains all the functions well. For someone who isn't a seasoned sysadmin there is a lot of meat here. Mr. Hess has written a very good, very informative article with no hype or hyperbole. If all his stuff was this good he'd be one of my favorite authors instead of one I pick on.
hkwint

Apr 29, 2010
9:02 PM EDT
"I've seen worse articles at Daniweb. Actually, this one wasn't bad at all"

How's that for a compliment?
jdixon

Apr 29, 2010
9:35 PM EDT
> ...which have been met with silence

Have they been here on LXer? I haven't noticed them if they have, but then I usually don't pay attention to howto's unless they're something I expect to be doing.
phsolide

Apr 29, 2010
11:10 PM EDT
I do not read "N of the adverb X" articles any more.

But I do believe that "silence" is better than "metaphorically getting ripped a new one", so Ken Hess should be suitably grateful for the silence.
Sander_Marechal

Apr 30, 2010
5:16 PM EDT
Quoting:Have they been here on LXer?

Yes, but you may have missed them since they didn't have a hyperbolic title like you'd have come to expect.

I agree with the above. Articles like this are much better. I hope you're reading this Ken!
chalbersma

May 01, 2010
1:31 AM EDT
Congrats Ken Hess. I no longer must ignore every article you write. Don't make me start again.
jdixon

May 01, 2010
6:25 PM EDT
> Yes, but you may have missed them...

Apparently so. Shame.
khess

May 06, 2010
9:09 AM EDT
Thank you. I listened...am listening.
jdixon

May 06, 2010
10:46 AM EDT
I'll try to watch for your non-Daniweb articles in the future, Ken.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!