Close but no cigar

Story: bash one-liner, Get GPS location and street AddressTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
montezuma

Aug 04, 2010
6:12 PM EDT
In my case the number from my street was out by 5. So either google map is wrong or the google router detector van goofed. Thanks goodness that a person of opposite political persuasion to me lives at that address and will answer to the CIA for my on-line political sins.

/tinfoilhat
bigg

Aug 04, 2010
7:05 PM EDT
It wasn't even close in my case.
phsolide

Aug 05, 2010
11:44 AM EDT
It gave the address across the alley to the west for me, so within 100 feet.

I believe I actually saw the Googlemobile go past my house, but I'm not 100% certain.
bigg

Aug 05, 2010
1:37 PM EDT
I just tried on the opposite side of town and got the same address.
tracyanne

Aug 05, 2010
5:52 PM EDT
Thankfully the Google mobile has completely missed our town, so officially (or is that Googally) we don't exist.
azerthoth

Aug 06, 2010
7:04 PM EDT
Googobally : The condition experienced when google confirms or denies that your present location actually exists. In cases of mistaken location, it is typically that the world that is wrong. Atleast according to any information that could be googled at the time.
jacog

Aug 10, 2010
5:16 AM EDT
Nerp, they got my house... picture snapped some time between August and December 2009, judging by the cat's grave (Aug) and the fact that the mailbox shown was the one before it got replaced in Dec. The neighbour across the street actually ended up in the picture with his army of anklebiters.

Lawn needed a cut badly too. I'll ask them to come back and take another picture - looks better now. :P

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!