better as wise advice than a book review

Story: How to mine data from the Internet for free (Book Review)Total Replies: 7
Author Content
tuxchick

Feb 26, 2011
6:03 PM EDT
Quoting: Now, I don't want to sound too cynical, but really, half or more of what people tell you is, shall we say, unconsidered. They don't stop and think that they are actually telling you something that will affect what you do next, what decision you make, how you adjust your plans, or what money you spend. So random sh#t comes flying out of their mouth and you do it and later feel stupid.

Oh yeah....
nikkels

Feb 26, 2011
11:00 PM EDT
...>Oh yeah

Yeah :-) and the < half or more > I would like to call 75% or more..
tuxchick

Feb 27, 2011
2:48 AM EDT
So my advice is to not take advice.
Bob_Robertson

Feb 27, 2011
12:35 PM EDT
I think Bill Cosby did a bit on this.

His father had chided him about having a daughter, rather than a son, as his first child. His father had mentioned that, in order to get the parts to pop out in the right direction, one could blow into the child's mouth.

"There are times, when no one is looking, that you will try the ridiculous. I'm glad to say my daughter is still my daughter, I did have to push her eyes back in, but she's fine."

Yes, TC is right. What ever you do, don't take advice. Trust me on this.
azerthoth

Feb 27, 2011
1:13 PM EDT
Good advice Bob.
Bob_Robertson

Feb 27, 2011
2:37 PM EDT
I've noticed, since I started the formal blog, that I'm not so much offering advice as I am putting up in plain view just how badly I'm doing, in the hopes that people might take it as a warning and not repeat the mistakes.

Sort of, "negative advice".
azerthoth

Feb 27, 2011
3:14 PM EDT
blog? do share (I already do daily reading @ lewrockwell and mises, I dont think you'll shock me much)
Bob_Robertson

Feb 27, 2011
3:39 PM EDT
Hahahaha! Nonono, I've been careful to keep it tech related, except for today's entry does in fact have a link to a Jeffrey Tucker article on the miracles of technology:

http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

The title might be just a little bit of a give-away, however. No one has called me on it, though, almost surprising. Almost. You ought to see the crap I take on youtube.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!