World Clock. That's exiting.
skelband

May 27, 2011
5:52 PM EDT
I detect a hint of sarcasm there :D
azerthoth

May 27, 2011
6:18 PM EDT
A clock on the bar? what in the world will they think of next?

All these new fangled ideas and technologies, why in my day ...
tracyanne

May 27, 2011
6:29 PM EDT
@skelband you detect only a hint.

If they had added proper support for multiple monitors, that would have been an exciting anouncement. But clearly genuine functionality isn't anywhere near the top of the agenda.
tuxchick

May 27, 2011
7:34 PM EDT
I actually fainted.
tuxchick

May 27, 2011
8:00 PM EDT
That does look like a nice and useful clock.
hkwint

May 27, 2011
8:59 PM EDT
Next thing you know, they will invent something even more user friendly.

Like watches.
jimbauwens

May 28, 2011
4:38 AM EDT
Hey, Hans thats a good idea! Something to put around your wrist, that displays the time! No need to waste those resources on your computer.

I'm going to contact them right away!
helios

May 28, 2011
8:40 AM EDT
Something to put around your wrist, that displays the time!

Thank heaven...I was getting tired of carrying my monitor around and having to look at the clock in the panel.
TxtEdMacs

May 28, 2011
9:24 AM EDT
[serious]

I stopped wearing a watch, since a cell phone keeps better time albeit mostly clipped to my waist or in my pocket.

I predict Gnome will go no where until they add a full featured alarm to their gadget.

[/serious] (I think so at least.)

YBT
azerthoth

May 28, 2011
1:18 PM EDT
alarm ... clock, around these parts we call that a rooster.
TxtEdMacs

May 28, 2011
1:35 PM EDT
az,

I don't know where you live, but roosters crowing at dawn is a myth. After moving to a small to moderate sized town that was in a rural area, where many keep chickens that were nearly free range ... those d@mn things crowed all night trying to out do a neighbor in the distance. To me chickens are targets, preferably with a silencer and a night scope.

YBT

[/almost all serious]
azerthoth

May 28, 2011
2:21 PM EDT
heh, yup. When I was growing up we had one rooster that did have a good sense of time. He cut loose at 12 noon every day, which was good, we knew when lunch was ready. Was also bad in that my father was working nights at the time.
tracyanne

May 28, 2011
8:14 PM EDT
Quoting:those d@mn things crowed all night trying to out do a neighbor in the distance

You learn to sleep through it , it's no different than learning to sleep through the noise of traffic and closing time at the local pub or police sirens in the city.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!