DOA

Story: Chrome OS ready for Prime TimeTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
Fettoosh

Sep 03, 2011
1:27 PM EDT
With devices like Asus Slider with such Demos And the Motorola Atrix , who is going to buy Google ChomeBook, especially when the price is around $500 and comparable to top level Tablets?

Since Google is in the process of owning Motorola electronics division, It would be a better strategy if they pursue the Atrix model and change its tablet/Docit to function like the Asus Slider.

If they do that, I believe they will have a perfect mobile device, especially if they have a KDE Plasma type interface or some thing similar to it. Such interface will enable users to change the interaction to suit which ever device they are using at the time.

JaseP

Sep 06, 2011
8:35 AM EDT
I've said it before,... That Chrome's niche in the market is going to be thin clients, primarily business/school oriented. If they are powerful enough, maybe they'll even be for use as game consoles... Most larger business are moving to a web services app environment. Chrome is perfect for that, because it limits the businesses' IT support exposure to local hardware failures and maintaining the web apps. I see Google trying to invade this space, previously the domain of the IBM, Siemens and Oracles of the world.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!