I use it.

Story: Edit the Contents of ISO Disk Image with ISO MasterTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
usacomputertec

Sep 25, 2011
5:40 PM EDT
I've used it to add files to my distribution after the remastering process, and it didn't screw anything up. It works flawlessly for me.
mbaehrlxer

Sep 25, 2011
9:08 PM EDT
yup, same experience here. for a client i had to build custom fedora images. we used revisor for that. but it proved unstable and unreliable. i don't remember the details, but i was rerunning it a dozend times before i had something usable. then i discovered isomaster. it was perfect to update the installer scripts which needed to be tweaked to get the custom configuration right.

greetings, eMBee.
chofhead

Sep 26, 2011
6:28 AM EDT
I use this on almost a daily basis, and haven't found anything that is as easy to use as this software program is. However there are a couple of issues that I have found.

The first is if you edit a shell script inside the image using ISO Master editor you will cause your shell script to most likely to fail. You need to edit the shell script from outside the ISO Master program then insert it into the ISO image.

The second problem I have found is, and it only happens in rare cases, is if you delete a large file > 1.9G and then insert its replacement (same name ~ same size) the program just shuts down. What I do is save the ISO image after deleting the large file and then open the new saved image and insert the new large file.

Other than these minor issues it is an outstanding program

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!