Untitled

Story: Can You Name This App?Total Replies: 12
Author Content
tuppp

Oct 06, 2011
3:07 PM EDT
"GoodPoint"

I posted here because the site's captcha appears to be broken.
helios

Oct 06, 2011
4:34 PM EDT
Not broken, just stubborn....it seems to be a cycle thing as it happens about once every 3 months or so. Sorry for the problem and thanks for the idea. They are starting to build up. Anyone have any favorites from the list?

http://tinyurl.com/3gad3fr
ComputerBob

Oct 06, 2011
8:16 PM EDT
I read your article before there were any suggestions, so maybe someone else already thought of this, but I like the name Mouse-E (pronounced Mousy).
cr

Oct 06, 2011
8:30 PM EDT
I like Mouser, but then I'm a Fritz Lieber fan from way back.
cr

Oct 06, 2011
8:33 PM EDT
Most of the names suggested are in the geek vein of being trick, clever and punnic. You've had that discussion before: to those outside the culture, those names come off as obscure, obtuse or pointless. Thus:

MouseTutor

MouseTeacher

MouseHelper
Grishnakh

Oct 06, 2011
8:36 PM EDT
Mousy
BernardSwiss

Oct 06, 2011
9:03 PM EDT
I thought it was already well known as "Solitaire"...

:-P

Grishnakh

Oct 07, 2011
12:26 AM EDT
SqueakTeach
mbaehrlxer

Oct 07, 2011
12:32 AM EDT
My First Mouse

greetings, eMBee.
tracyanne

Oct 07, 2011
1:17 AM EDT
A mouse like me
helios

Oct 07, 2011
7:55 AM EDT
Not surprisingly, trademark and copyright searches show that almost 70 percent of the acceptable submissions are already taken or have derivatives so close to the submissions that it would be a gamble at least and a big red target on our back at best.

Since teaching the autistic child life skills will be hidden behind teaching him mouse skills, naming the app was a bit tricky. We have chosen a name from the submissions and I will announce it on Monday when I introduce the DevTeam and their bios. We have a child behavioral professional actually doing the research and mapping for this project and her and I just finished the basic outline of the first steps. Once that is done, we will turn it over to our coders and let the fun begin.

She has taken this task on at full steam and hopes to establish a Universal Design for Learning (UDL) through this software.

We are indeed blessed to have the academic side of the equation this involved.
helios

Oct 07, 2011
8:42 AM EDT
@ CR...

I fully agree with you but if you have a bit of twist to your sense of humor, You have to appreciate this one:

Drew said...

This would obviously require a look-see from your attorney, but I like "Rain Man". (And I can't help but think the part that controls the mouse would be an "excellent driver".)
gus3

Oct 07, 2011
6:12 PM EDT
"Mouse Master"

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!