I don't think I'll have any problem there.

Story: Five ways to avoid Windows 8Total Replies: 8
Author Content
tracyanne

May 22, 2012
3:24 AM EDT
I don't think I'll have any problem there.
caitlyn

May 22, 2012
7:48 AM EDT
Me neither :) I implemented solution #3 about 14 years ago.
mbaehrlxer

May 22, 2012
10:41 AM EDT
same here, my grandma started to use linux in 1994, when she was 75 years old (ok, having a sysadmin living with her helped :-), now she is 93 and complains the loudest when the internet is down :-)

greetings, eMBee.
flufferbeer

May 22, 2012
12:00 PM EDT
@tracyann,

I think it's funny in way, because although Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols is not likely a Baboontu (or Mint) fanboy, some of the Baboontu fanboys DO use a similar tactic to promote their distro.

Here's how they do it: 1) Claim how very BAD M$ Win$ucks XP/Vists/7/8 is just like Vaughan-Nichols does here, 2) Claim that Baboontu will basically come to the rescue for you all as the ultimate SAVIOR for all the Win$uck's cr@p that gets on your computers, 3) Dump a whole slew of testimonials and tutorials at all those new Linux users emphasizing how great Baboontu (and SPECIFICALLY Baboontu) really is. Just you watch, this formula never fails!

2c
Fettoosh

May 22, 2012
12:06 PM EDT
Quoting:my grandma started to use linux in 1994, when she was 75 years old (ok, having a sysadmin living with her helped :-), now she is 93

They say happier days, longer life. Is it possible that using Linux instead of Windows have something to do with her happier life! :-)

albinard

May 23, 2012
9:42 AM EDT
Quoting:Quoting:my grandma started to use linux in 1994, when she was 75 years old (ok, having a sysadmin living with her helped :-), now she is 93

They say happier days, longer life. Is it possible that using Linux instead of Windows have something to do with her happier life! :-)

I started using Linux in 2009, when I was 75. It's working so far!
penguinist

May 23, 2012
9:57 AM EDT
Quoting:Is it possible that using Linux instead of Windows have something to do with her happier life! :-)

Wouldn't it be an interesting research project to see if the happier life style of a Linux user and the lack of frustration and anxiety actually resulted in a longer average life span.

It might very well be that Linux is good for your health!
skelband

May 23, 2012
12:17 PM EDT
Must be getting close to the Windows 8 release! There're a lot of articles pushing it hard disguised as blog posts.

This one was pretty funny actually:

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-boots-too-quickly-first...

Microsoft have really cocked up here. Apparently, it boots *so fast* that it's a real problem getting the boot menu up. Silly Microsofties :D
caitlyn

May 23, 2012
12:52 PM EDT
Quoting:Must be getting close to the Windows 8 release!
We are. You can tell by all the articles telling us how Linux has failed and how awful it is. If Linux is such a failure what are Microsoft people so afraid of it?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!