~Jeff
Steven_Rosenber

Sep 10, 2012
4:35 PM EDT
Jeff, I see the Bodhi site now but not jeffhoogland.com
Bob_Robertson

Sep 10, 2012
4:48 PM EDT
Mine's working, and it's through GoDaddy.

Both JeffHoogland and BodhiLinux are failing, 16:51 EDT.
masgeeks

Sep 10, 2012
4:51 PM EDT
I use GoDaddy's premium dns service - that's d.o.a. ...
penguinist

Sep 10, 2012
5:00 PM EDT
Godaddy's DNS servers were affected, so if you were set up to provide your own DNS then you were probably unaffected. If your whois record shows that your DNS points to one of the godaddy DNS servers then your users will only see your domain as long as their provider's DNS cache remains active.

If you were hit by this, there is a workaround available (I had to do this for three of my client's domains):

1. Set up your own (or a reliable third party) master DNS for your domain(s).

2. Log into your godaddy account to set your DNS choice to your new DNS servers.

Note 1: The godaddy.com domain is also affected by this outage, so you will need to manually set up /etc/hosts entries for the missing *.godaddy.com domains before you will be able to access your account page.

Note 2: You may need to click on the godaddy submit button 10 or 20 times in order for your request to make it through the DDOS traffic.

Hope this helps someone.
Steven_Rosenber

Sep 10, 2012
7:17 PM EDT
jeffhoogland.com is back.
djohnston

Sep 10, 2012
9:35 PM EDT
Quoting:jeffhoogland.com is back.

bodhilinux.com is back, too.

JaseP

Sep 10, 2012
9:41 PM EDT
So,... Do you guys believe Anonymous did this one?!?! There are statements that there is no proof (hinting that they weren't responsible).
djohnston

Sep 10, 2012
11:58 PM EDT
Quoting:So,... Do you guys believe Anonymous did this one?!?! There are statements that there is no proof (hinting that they weren't responsible).

Dunno. But, Anonymous usually employs DDoS attacks. This appears to be a sophisticated DNS cache poisoning technique.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!