Interesting.

Story: Raspberry Pi team announces open source ARM userlandTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
dinotrac

Oct 24, 2012
9:38 PM EDT
My understanding is that the single biggest impediment to using the pi to power a MythTV frontend is the lack of an accelerated graphics driver.

Sounds like some very interesting stuff may be coming down the pike.
notbob

Oct 25, 2012
7:42 AM EDT
Does sound encouraging. I may hafta actually acquire one of these thingies. Unfortunately, my biggest single impediment is finding someone who actually has something other than snare/spare-ware for me. Our ol' friend Adafruit talks about 'em, and has a couple dozen accessories ready to sell me, but get an actual living/breathing RPi in my hand? Sorry. Charlie! As far as I'm concerned, it's all much ado about nothing ....literally.
penguinist

Oct 25, 2012
7:51 AM EDT
@notbob: The RPi is in stock at the distributor for immediate delivery. See this LXer thread for the ordering information:

http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/33924/

I ordered four of them on the day the 512MB model was announced, and had them in my hand two days later.
notbob

Oct 26, 2012
11:14 AM EDT
penguinist wrote:notbob: The RPi is in stock at the distributor for immediate delivery.

I thank you kindly for that link, penguinist. I found it and saw the phone-in advice therein and shall proceed tout de suite. ;)
notbob

Oct 26, 2012
11:37 AM EDT
DOH!!!

Too late. I'll hafta try again in 4 wks. I'll get on their emailing list. Oh well, give me time to figure out an I/O scheme, as I still have old I/Os. Anyone make a PS2 -> USB adapter?

notsurprised
cr

Oct 26, 2012
12:14 PM EDT
Quoting: Anyone make a PS2 -> USB adapter?

I've seen 'em in several flavors (signal-wiring only or interface). Try Amazon.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!