Really interesting post from Aaron Seigo on Canonical's announcement of a new display server

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
slacker_mike

Mar 04, 2013
8:54 PM EDT
Not sure if google+ posts count as stories unless Phoronix reports them but thought folks would find this interesting.

https://plus.google.com/107555540696571114069/posts/hzRy1rJaafc
tracyanne

Mar 05, 2013
12:08 AM EDT
You should have posted it as an article. Very interesting perspective.
slacker_mike

Mar 05, 2013
12:49 AM EDT
Good to know that is acceptable, thanks!
tracyanne

Mar 05, 2013
1:15 AM EDT
mike not only does Aaron, in my opinion, write well informed articles, but something like this, which clearly gives us other perspectives and is well written, is very welcome. In addition, once again my opinion only, we really do needs lots of articles that aren't simply Canonical/Ubuntu/Unity PR, which a lot of the Ubuntu posts clearly are, wether or not they deal with Ubuntu/Unity subjects.

I think by and large we do get a good spread of tech/Free Software articles, but there is still, in my opinion, an unhealthy preponderance of articles that seem to me to be little more than a rehashing of Canonical PR channel material. But rather than be forced to censor them, I'd like to see more material like what you linked to, which gives readers more information, from which to base their opinions.
dinotrac

Mar 05, 2013
9:39 AM EDT
QT, eh?

I wonder why nobody else has come up with the idea of doing a Desktop/display system/plasmoid/whatever with QT?
Steven_Rosenber

Mar 05, 2013
12:12 PM EDT
@slacker_mike, I think taking the [url] tags off of you first comment will make it clickable.
Steven_Rosenber

Mar 05, 2013
12:20 PM EDT
That worked!
Bob_Robertson

Mar 05, 2013
2:23 PM EDT
Dino, I think I remember something like that Trinity-something. I'll have to look it up.

You cannot post until you login.