Some editing issues in the article...

Story: Why Chromebooks are killing MicrosoftTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
JaseP

Jan 21, 2015
7:20 PM EDT
Hate to say it Jim,... but you need to re-read what you wrote & posted. There are at least two editing errors (an incomplete sentence ["Take a good look at . "] and a the use of "the" instead of what I presume was to be "them," in the phrase, "you’ll see the sitting at number three as I write this post.").
jimlynch

Jan 21, 2015
8:57 PM EDT
Hi Jase,

Are you running an ad blocker? The sentences you were referring to have links to Amazon's site in them. If you are using any kind of blocker, you might be seeing an empty space in the article instead of the text with the link.

Here's how the sentences actually read:

"Take a good look at Amazon’s laptop bestseller list"

"you’ll see the ASUS Chromebox M004U sitting at number three as I write this post."

Thanks for the heads up anyway. I appreciate it. :)
JaseP

Jan 21, 2015
10:11 PM EDT
As a matter of fact,... I DO run an ad blocker... IIIInnnteresting...
jimlynch

Jan 21, 2015
10:17 PM EDT
Yeah, I think Adblock Plus filters out Amazon links as well as regular ads. Ghostery might too but I cannot remember. Anyway, it can mess up how some things are displayed. I have some Amazon links in the sidebar too so you might see empty space there as well. No biggie though, if you prefer not to see certain things then you should just keep your blocker on.
jimlynch

Jan 21, 2015
10:23 PM EDT
BTW, your message here freaked me out a little bit because I'm paranoid about those kinds of editing mistakes. That's one of the bad things about having a blog, you're the editor as well as the writer and it's really easy to miss a mistake or two in an article. When I saw your post I was like "OMFG, what did I screw up?" Heh, heh.
Steven_Rosenber

Jan 21, 2015
11:58 PM EDT
Inevitably when you are your own editor, mistakes will be made. Happens to me all the time.
gus3

Jan 22, 2015
7:51 PM EDT
But dumb speling errors are the wurst.
Koriel

Jan 23, 2015
6:48 PM EDT
You missed out bad grandma as well.
jdixon

Jan 23, 2015
9:27 PM EDT
> You missed out bad grandma as well.

No worries. She got ran over by a reindeer a few weeks ago.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!