Too bad it's about 10 years too late for me...

Story: Canonical Is Blurring the Line Between PCs and Mobile Devices with Ubuntu TabletTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
JaseP

Feb 05, 2016
4:52 PM EDT
Too bad it's about 10 years too late for me... I first started using tablet computers about 2006. Now, Android pretty much satisfies my tablet needs, especially on ARM.

One nice thing is that it has chemically reinforced glass, Asahi Dragontail glass. I had to research that. They don't list it in the specs. They should. I would never buy a tablet without reinforced glass. I learned my lesson on my first two Android tablets. By not making it easy to find out, they limit themselves from consumers who find this important.
seatex

Feb 05, 2016
7:18 PM EDT
I'm still not a tablet guy, but my wife wanted one for Christmas. I got her an Asus ZenPad 8 Tablet on sale for $169. It was a great deal. This thing looks nicer and has equal or better features than tablets costing over twice as much, and probably much cheaper than the Ubuntu tablet will be as well.

Some quick specs on it - Android 5.0 (Lollipop), 8" (1536 x 2048) Screen, Gorilla Glass, Intel Atom Z3580 Quad-Core 64bit, 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, and 2 x Front Speaker with DTS HD Premium Sound.

I would love to replace Android with Ubuntu on it, but I don't think my wife would let me. And probably good that she won't, since it would likely not seem as polished and supported (drivers, software, etc.) as Android is now.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!