Just a quick notice.

Story: Ubuntu Vs. Linux Mint - Which Is Better in 2016?Total Replies: 5
Author Content
dba477

Oct 29, 2016
11:07 AM EDT
It is written in the holy scriptures let each will be rewarded according to merit his.
seatex

Oct 29, 2016
11:45 AM EDT
Mint Cinnamon works better for me personally, but I can see the merits of more timely updates with Ubuntu as well. If I were to leave Mint, I would likely go to Ubuntu MATE or Xubuntu.
cabreh

Oct 29, 2016
2:11 PM EDT
Yes, I agree with seatex. I use Mint Cinnamon and I have no problems with it. And no extra issues to cover except for commenting out the Mint Adjustments fold contents.
gary_newell

Nov 21, 2016
2:05 PM EDT
They are both perfectly fine. The Ubuntu software manager still doesn't show everything I'd like it to, such as Steam. I am perfectly happy using apt but new users won't be. Mint just feels more complete for a new user
dotmatrix

Nov 22, 2016
11:37 PM EDT
>The Ubuntu software manager still doesn't show everything I'd like it to, such as Steam.

Steam is a controversial piece of software to include in a repo.

I'll admit to approving of Steam as an application on GNU/Linux. My approval is loosely based on the idea that GNU/Linux should be the OS of choice for everyone, including people who wish to run proprietary applications on top of the best OS the world has ever written.
mbaehrlxer

Nov 23, 2016
7:28 AM EDT
agreed, better just a few non-free applications on an otherwise free OS, than a non-free OS with the odd Free Software application here and there.

greetings, eMBee.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!