riot still needs work

Story: IRC for the 21st Century: Introducing RiotTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
mbaehrlxer

May 25, 2017
5:43 AM EDT
we tested it, and found that it can loose track of connections. we had one user who according to riot and according to the channel was online. he could see channel messages, but his own messages never made it to the channel.

even tested with a new user. messages go one way. looks like the riot-freenode bridge is broken.

at one point a backlog of messages appeared, and then it stopped functioning again.

also, even for those messages that do get through in the other direction there is quite a lag

sadly, that means it is not useful for production.

greetings, eMBee.

mbaehrlxer

May 25, 2017
5:50 AM EDT
on second thought, it might be a network congestion problem. i have seen this with irssi too. when the network is congested, i can receive messages by others, but my own messages don't make it to the server.

greetings, eMBee.
mbaehrlxer

May 25, 2017
5:55 AM EDT
at least they implement the bridge in a more user friendly way, in that each riot user gets their own connection to the irc server as if they connected directly from a client on their own machine, in difference to traditional irc bridges, where a bridge-user appears in the channel and all messages from people behind the bridge appear as that user.

greetings, eMBee.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!