Funding Open Source Projects With Devcoin

Posted by acrossad on Jul 29, 2013 10:07 AM EDT; By Rex Djere
Mail this story
Print this story

Devcoin is an ethically-based crypto-currency that is a direct descendant of Bitcoin. Devcoin has been developed specifically for funding open source projects. 90% of the Devcoins generated go to open source developers, and the remaining 10% go to Devcoin miners. Devcoins have the potential to revolutionize how open source projects receive funding.

Devcoin was created as a fork of Bitcoin in August of 2011. The Devcoin developers created Devcoin based on Bitcoin’s C++ source code. The ultimate vision is that Devcoins will not only be used to fund open source projects, but they will also be used to fund artistic endeavors: films, poetry, music, writing etc. In fact, writers can already earn Devcoins by writing on a variety of topics, and submitting the written works to Devtome.

Full Story

» Read more about: Groups: Developer

« Return to the newswire homepage

This topic does not have any threads posted yet!

You cannot post until you login.