Oh no

Story: LibreOffice May Get Cosmetic SurgeryTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
Grishnakh

Nov 25, 2011
8:34 PM EDT
Hopefully these guys won't pull a Gnome3 or Unity like seems to be the trend in FOSS-land these days. I'll agree with the commenter in the article that LO might be able to use some slightly improved icons, but that's it. Stop mucking around with our UIs.
mbaehrlxer

Nov 25, 2011
9:27 PM EDT
maybe we'll get this newfangled ribbon thing i keep hearing about...

greetings, eMBee.
tuxchick

Nov 25, 2011
9:58 PM EDT
The LO team have done a marvelous job so far. The OOo interface was horrid and way overdue for a cleanup. The mockup in the article has no ribbon and looks nice.
helios

Nov 26, 2011
11:15 AM EDT
As unfortunate as it is, many computer users base their first impressions of software by appearance....much like we pick dates or mates. I don't care how functional or easy-to-use it is...if it's ugly or plain, most people will call strike one on it within seconds of opening the app.

I too don't want to see them messing with functionality, but a cosmetic makeover, complete with some subtle bling has been a long time coming.
skelband

Nov 27, 2011
9:14 PM EDT
If they can sort out the messy and fragmented options setup, then that's a big step forward in my direction.
JaseP

Nov 28, 2011
10:51 AM EDT
I'm with skelband, as well as Ken...
skelband

Nov 28, 2011
1:16 PM EDT
@mbaehrixer: "maybe we'll get this newfangled ribbon thing i keep hearing about..."

${Deity}, I hope not.
caitlyn

Nov 30, 2011
12:32 AM EDT
I agree with Ken/helios. I still couldn't help hearing Mr. Bill when I saw the topic title.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!