These Look Wonderful!

Story: Intel's educational PC gets dual cores, 12-hour batteryTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
Jeff91

Jan 13, 2012
6:34 PM EDT
It's a shame there aren't any links to actually buy one of these. Perhaps they are too good to be sure?

~Jeff
JaseP

Jan 13, 2012
7:17 PM EDT
Similar specs to the Gigabyte convertables, if not internally identical ... I like that they're ruggedized a little over standard convertible netbooks.
djohnston

Jan 13, 2012
11:11 PM EDT
Quoting:It's a shame there aren't any links to actually buy one of these. Perhaps they are too good to be sure?

You can search this page for Classmate PC vendors.
mbaehrlxer

Jan 14, 2012
12:06 AM EDT
good luck. that page has no links to websites, let alone links to the classmate being sold.

i did a search some time ago (not on this list but another i found on some intel related site, and of all listed as classmate vendors only a handful talked about classmate on their site, and only two or so offered it for sale.

maybe we can research that list together. i'l start with:

Unimall GmbH: http://www.unimall.de/hardware/notebooks/ no classmate listet, searchbox has no result. http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.unimall.de+classmate unearths some links, most of which are dead! there is a driver download page, a bulk order page, a press release and pictures (from 2010) and a list of partners which mentions intel as
Quoting:Der Classmate PC basiert auf dem „One PC per Child" Konzept, dass Intel in Afrika aufgesetzt hat. (The Classmate PC is based on the "One PC per Child" concept that intel implemented in africa)
HAH!

greetings, eMBee.
Fettoosh

Jan 14, 2012
11:39 AM EDT
I searched for US vendors and got two links. The first site is under construction and the other has no trace of Intel Classmate.

It seems like this item can only be found in "VapourLand".

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!