In my humble opinion, superb.

Story: Linux and the WannaCry AttackTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
Ridcully

May 16, 2017
5:53 AM EDT
If you haven't read this article, I think you should take the time. I personally think it's a beauty and one of the best logical comparisons of Windows and Linux security I have read. It's biggest asset is it is so simple to read and understand....even by an "oldie" like me. Have fun.
dotmatrix

May 16, 2017
9:01 AM EDT
I read through last night... Simply awesome! Loved it.
seatex

May 16, 2017
9:53 AM EDT
I had to forward that on, it was so good.
nmset

May 17, 2017
4:34 AM EDT
>Roads and canals were often privately owned (as were fire departments and police forces in many cases) and eventually it became apparent that these are all public goods, so they were essentially taken over by the government. Similarly, power companies and railroads.

MS, Apple, IBM & co. may say it's a dangerous reasoning if it were applied to the dollar. The whole world may say : "Hey, we all use the dollar for big business, it should be a worldwide public entity and not privately owned !"
mbaehrlxer

May 17, 2017
12:54 PM EDT
Quoting:the entire route is blocked by a series of doors that only specific people have permission to open, at specific times, for specific reasons. Everything you do requires having permission at every step of of the way, and it is all constantly being carefully watched.

this is describing linux, but my first thought was the annoying permission popups in windows. ;-)

Quoting:The desktop provides the user experience, and the user experience sells the product.

it is not the desktop user experience that sells windows, but the preinstalled nature of it. GNOME or KDE were preinstalled on every computer, it would sell, and the majority would not have any need to switch to windows.

greetings, eMBee.
the_doctor

May 17, 2017
2:31 PM EDT
Happiness is knowing that your computer will never end up on this map:

https://intel.malwaretech.com/pewpew.html
JaseP

May 17, 2017
4:27 PM EDT
I loved the last line,... "But they'll make you wanna cry." ... Classic!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!